Friday, April 20, 2007

Springtime and Louis, Providence RI


Finally being almost done slaying my thesis monster (die thesis die!), I had a nice relaxing breakfast with A today. Louis is a pretty amazing diner, practically a rite of passage for all students here. Its filled with photos, articles, off-beat art, and even more photos. The original proprietor, Louis Gianofrancesco (I think) passed away in 1999, but his son is holding the fort and continues his fathers tradition of non-nonsense morning sustenance.

And what a lovely day it was too! The recent week of rain has left without a trace, and it feels as if winter is gone for good. *crosses fingers* Before I reveal my breakfast, let me whet your appetite with some yummy springy pics...


Gotta love spring flowers. Not sure what the white ones are, but daffodils have to be my favourite of all the springy-growy-things. I'm partial towards the all yellow ones, but these ones are beautiful too, like pretty eggs with yellow delicately suspended within the white.


Apparently I'm not the only one hungry this morning. This squirrel is munching on a piece of pasta, penne I think, complete with tomato sauce. If you look closely, you'll see some of the tomato sauce smeared across its mouth and nose.


And this, ladies and gentlemen, was my breakfast. Framed very artfully by A's hands, this is the Nebraska Sunrise, two eggs sunny side up rising above a sweet mountain of corn bread, flanked by a generous serving of home fries. Great company, good food, I don't think there's a better way to start of any weekend (or day for that matter).


The weather was so warm today, that there were tons of t-shirted, skirted, bermuda-ed, and generally skin-baring people on the greens just hanging out. All these pale sun/warmth-deprived New-Englanders, me included. Add some frisbee throwing into the equation, and you have the makings of a pretty content day.

Louis Restaurant - 286 Brook St - Providence RI

No comments: